Tuesday, October 6, 2015

World Animal Day - Wild Run 2015

Last Sunday, 4th October 2015, was the World Animal Day -  Wild Run 2015, organised by Wildlife Alliance n Valiant Avengers. This is my first 10 KM run, although I started running since 2012 (I started running after a bad haircut incident) then stopped. It has always been my dream to run a half-marathon before I hit 30. Though I had forgotten my dream over one excuse or another, but I just turn 30 this year and thought it will be never too late to start now. One small step at a time..

Recently, I have been training for my first half marathon, only God knows when it's gonna be, but anyway I feel pretty good to go for this 10 KM. I have been jogging 7, 8 KM along Tg. Lipat. To be honest, I felt quite lazy a few days before the race. I was exhausted from my sign-language course and postgraduate research seminar that just ended last Friday.

Anyway, reporting time at stadium Likas car park was at 6am so I woke up at about 4 am to get ready. I read somewhere people do get up as early as 3 or 4 am so I decided to do the same. I had an apple and a cup of coffee and watched a series of Agatha Christie - Poirot.  I just got my usual running gear, running shoes, iPhone 4 fully-charged, and the case to strap on arm. I got to the stadium on time, traffic was good and lot of parking. In the stadium, I just followed the crowd and listen to the organisers countdown on the loudspeaker. The atmosphere was pretty good altho I came by myself. There was drone in the air capturing the event.

So off everyone went, I am not sure how many runners there were. It was a nice morning, great weather. We were running up hill Jalan Bukit Bendera, coming down to Padang Merdeka, turning left at the next traffic light heading to Berjaya Palace Hotel, climbing up the asphalt road again, heading to Bulatan Nenas, coming down to Jalan Tuaran. I thought we were gonna turn left at the traffic light and finished off in another 500 m but no, we carried on to the next junction turning left to Bangunan Jabatan Pendidikan.

Most runners/joggers/walker literally walked to the finished line. So did I. I checked my time, 1:40 mins for 10 KM? I wasn't aiming too high, just wanna finish it under 1:30. But, I told myself it was a HILLY run and giving myself a pat on the shoulder. I love the feeling running past Habib Suite, which I usually just able to look up from coastal road. After the run, I stayed a while for the police dogs demonstration, took some pics, some selfie with Husky and French Bulldog. There were awesome. 

Until my next run/jog: Engineering Run 4 Lights (10/10/15)


No comments:

Post a Comment