Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Too Fast Too Soon

So after my last run 4 days ago, I was so keen and rush to keep up with my Penang bridge half marathon training, I hit the track again. I thought 4 days are enough for recovery, and a little bit of soreness is usual, I thought...

But again I was wrong, I felt this unusual sharp pain on my shin. Trying to carry on for another few meters but then I really need to stop. I walk briskly to the bench, hoping nobody realise the pain and disappointment bottle up inside, facing the sun set over the sea... (dramatic imagination intended), I took out my phone and wrote my journal.

Okay , I decided to stop forcing myself. Being able to run 10 km once, is nothing! Doesn't mean the following week I should able to run 11 km. What I really need to do is strengthen my muscle before topping up the distance. That means training to run 10 km, for at least 5 times, comfortably, before thinking to add in distance.

Important lesson : Too fast too soon = Injury

Until next time..




No comments:

Post a Comment