Saturday, October 10, 2015

Engineering Run for Lights

I registered for our local campus run kinda last minute. I found 7 km is not that challenging and don't bother at all, but boy I was wrong. I forgot my university located at a hilly area and I just finished my longest run last week. Not sure if I was fully recover for this run.

I thought this will be a good workout, new running environment, and with group of students. I got to the registration sharp at 6:30 am, rushing coz I thought I was late, but I forgot this is more like an amateur program. So the running started at 7:30 am, and I was hungry and thirsty. I had my (light) breakfast before 6 am, planning to eat at least an hour before run. Never mind, I will just pull through, hoping this gonna be like my usual run, under 1 hour.

Again I was wrong, I thought there will be drinks provided every 2, 3 km but no. Calm myself down, this is organised by the students... I don't want to run uphill coz it's not energy efficient for me. If i can walk faster, or maybe walk at the same speed as I running uphill, I think I better walk, thats logic. But I can't run downhill either cause I have a broken toenail. Sigh...  Anyway, I finished it with series of walk and run.

One thing I got to say, I never aim to win any medal or prize. I run for fun, charity, fitness and of course I don't think I can beat other seasoned runners. But I really should have join the women open category. Why? Cause seems like there were only 2 participant in the women open category. Apparently, I was the first research assistant got to the finish line, which I should have get $100. Huh... minus my $35 registration fee, I might as well made some profit from running =)

What can I say, I registered last minute and mistaken bout so many things before 8 in the morning, but hell yeah it was a good start of my long productive day. After run I went to the public pool and had a nice dip, then 2 hours of full body massage, had lunch in the cinema while watching Pan, and end it with my sign language briefing (coincidentally scheduled at the end of the day). I guess I just reached a whole new level of masturdating today :p



No comments:

Post a Comment