Saturday, May 30, 2015

Acer Aspire 2930 - 7 years old, still up and running..

I would like to dedicated this post to the very first laptop I bought in 2009. I remembered I got this laptop for my master research. All I need was a machine that able to run Matlab (meaning at least a dual-processor, 2 GB RAM), 12" to 14" display, DVD-ROM, a basic integrated-graphic card because I'm not really a gaming person. In my searching I came across this specs built perfectly for my needs.

Acer Aspire 2930
You can check out the specs in detail and the good reviews too.

Anyway, I got a Macbook Pro as my main laptop, and use this Acer as my spare. You know the time when your laptop crash, and you were at the end of your study compiling thesis and oh gosshhh.. how much you wish you have a clone of your laptop?? And that's exactly what I'm gonna do. Get a spare system to access all my files, at anytime.

Although my old Acer doesn't stand up to Macbook that I'm using now, but I put all my files in the cloud and sync it in both laptops. So if anything bad ever happened to my Macbook, I would have the exact copy of all the files, in exact place on my Acer. It just like an insurance, peace of mind indeed.

Download disassemble Acer Aspire 2930 here (Machine disassembly and replacement pg. 41-123)

No comments:

Post a Comment