Thursday, April 30, 2015

Fixing double-click in Logitech M310

I'm quite particular with my mouse (yes for laptop), the body need to be curvier, no tail, matte, not look too geeky, just right pressure for clicking, laser and etc. but recently my Logitech wireless mouse started to show symptom of accidental double-clicking. This is quite annoying when I used the scroll click to open a link in a new tab, it will open same link on two tab. I don't want to invest in another laser wireless mouse again, I still have the old one that just suddenly died and when I got the Logitech mouse, suddenly it came back alive. So, I'll just try to fix this left-click, after few googling..

Tools: penknife, phillip screwdriver

Steps:
1. Remove the batteries

2. Remove the screws (2 screws only, easily accessible. Some models have four screws to hold the mouse body together, hidden underneath the slide pads)

3. Slowly lift off the top cover, gaming model could have wire connected to the top cover.

4. Locate the problematic click mechanism. Mine is the left-click. Notice the white tiny button on the top cover. This will easily fall loose when the cover is removed. Use a masking tape to keep the white button attach to the cover before you pry the box cover away from the latch.




5. Locate the copper tension spring. We want to re-tension the copper spring, remove it from the click mechanism, I just used my fingers to make the curve and bending up. 

6. Re-install back the copper spring. This will be the HARDEST/ CRAZIEST step. It took me an hour to figure out how to put it back.


6.1)  At point 2, set the curve tab into place
6.2)  Slowly lift the copper spring abit, keeping the curve tab in point-2, attach the point-1 to the small hook at the front of the mechanism 
6.3)  keeping the copper spring at point-1 and point-2, slowly slide down the rear of the spring under the small arm at point-3. 
Make sure all the three points installed correctly, else it wont work.

7. Reassemble the black top cover, make sure the tiny white button still in place. Try few clicks on the tiny white button before mounting back the mouse top. You should notice a crisp click sound, just like your right-click. If you noticed no difference, you may need to re-tension the spring again. 

8. You also may check any sign of worn out on the tiny white button that make it harder to click. I fixed this by attaching a small piece of card(thicker) or plastic on the tiny white button. 


Remarks:

  1. Step 6 seriously need a big spoonful of patience.
  2. I did few trial and error in step 8 to get the optimum 'height' for my left click. If your card/plastic is too thick, your clicking will be too sensitive.

5 comments:

  1. This is something only a skilled person can do. But the process is worth knowing. Thank you Ange!
    Goldtouch Distributor Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips.

    Another tip to try first: I was having trouble with my mouse double clicking when I only was single clicking. Without opening the mpuse, I simply raised the flap over the button and blew some compressed air into mouse. Now it is working again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, it is worth mentioning trying out your tips first. I did try that but not working, and google for another solution. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. I've almost bought a new mouse, but right after this fix, it looks like I can drag thing with my mouse again! Thanks a lot for the detailed instructions.
    P.S. Step 5 can be done by simply bending the spring while it is attached, so no need for long step 6. ;)

    ReplyDelete