Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Re-sync Subtitle using SubFix - 5 Steps

After a long wait, I finally finish downloaded all Frasier show. This is a great sitcom, it's just funny and enriches my vocabulary along the way. But I can't find any subtitle source that sync perfectly. I can live without the subs for a season or two, but I have 9 seasons without subtitles (season 3 - 9). I know I'm gonna miss a lot, especially with Frasier and Niles way of speaking. Long story short, I checked out subscene.com, addic7ed.com and tvsubs.net, but they all having the exact same version that out of sync. Some video and audio can be easily synced by just tweak the delay once or twice throughout the movie, but no this time, I have to re-sync every line of the text. Kinda pointless I say. After a short google, I found the perfect apps to re-sync sub easily and SAVES it =)

Let me introduce you the awesome SubFix. In only takes 5 easy steps to watch your movie with perfect sub.



SubFix requirements: Mac OS X 10.4 or later. I'm using Mavericks (Mac OS X 10.5) in 2016 because my Matlab program runs perfectly here atm. I watched most of my videos on MPlayerX.

Keep your movie and SubFix side by side

Re-sync Sub in 5 Steps


When you first launch SubFix and have loaded a subtitle file, you will see 2 panes side by side. The left panes contains lines from the beginning of the file and right panes contains lines from the end.

1: Manually key in the value for the starting line (step 1, 2a and 2b)
2: Manually key in the value for the last line (step 3, 4a, and 4b)
3. Save the file.

That's all you have to do and SubFix will take care of the remaining lines.

Enjoy your show with perfectly sync subtitle!


1 comment: