Thursday, May 14, 2015

Taiwan Trip - Taipei Zoo and Ningxia Night Market

Taipei Zoo
Directions: take MRT to Taipei Zoo station (Line 1: Wenhu Line)
Fee: NT$60

We chose to go Taipei Zoo on weekday to avoid the overwhelming crowd and crazy queue. We head out quite late, about 10am, taking our sweet time enjoying Taipei city view, no rush to the zoo. I was excited because I never been to a 'proper' zoo before. Ok, long story short, this zoo is AMAZING. I know I got nothing to compare to, never been to any Zoo negara, but let's the pictures tell the stories.


Taipei Zoo map

The zoo is divided to at least 9 sections: Children's Zoo, Bird World, Temperate Zone Animal Area, Africa Animal Area, Australia Animal Area, Desert Animal Area, Asian Tropical Rainforest Area, Insect Valley and Formosan Animal Area. 

Other than those 9 sections, there are other houses, namely: Koala House, Giant Panda House, Eco House, Amphibian and Reptile House and Penguin House. I never know much about amphibian other than frog, so I find the Amphibian and Reptile House is very informative and interesting. But I can't take much pictures without getting the goosebumps from lizard and type of reptile I learnt today, 'Skink'. I totally can't look at it, in their eyes.


Variety of tortoises
Hong Kong Ocean Park has more penguins than here 

Brown bear friendly wrestling. We watched for half an hour
I would like to ride a camel one day ...
And of the famous panda. So cute

So what we think about Taipei Zoo? 

WE LOVE IT.. It was very organised and clean, the toilets were very cute with their own themes, and they have water dispenser (hot, warm and cold) to keep you hydrate from the long walk. The McDonald price is the same McDonald price in town. The souvenirs were not overpriced at all. I don't think if I ever bought so much souvenirs from place like this. 

I wish I had coffee and take a break on the nice bench watching the brown bear friendly wrestling

Cute toilet

Panda souvenirs house

My colleague thought that's Rilakuma, but my another friend said that's Line's friends.
How to differentiate? Check the curve of their lips =)
Brown bear, NT$290 only

This is a great place. Everyone should come here, at least once. With NT$60 (~RM 7.20), I really learnt and seen alot. It's even cheaper than Kota Kinabalu Lok Kawi zoo (RM 12 if not mistaken).




Ningxia Night Market
Directions: take MRT to Shuanglian Station (Line 2), exit 1 and turn left.

We followed the directions from google, but how would we know how far to walk after the left turn. We walked and walked but still can't see any night market in that area. We asked few locals where is this Ningxia night market, and everyone just said keep walking and then turn right. 

Ok, so how far you have to walk after the left turn at exit 1? Unlike Rao He night market (walk straight and look for the big temple on the left), just keep walking until you come to a traffic light, cross the road and keep walking until you see the night market on your left. You wont miss this crowded happening place. Check for Hangten at the other side of the road.

Panaroma view of Ningxia night market. You can see Hangten across the road


Little heaven on earth? It's not as big as Shilin, but I bet the food just as good


The grilled pork on skew was awesome

Some blogger reviewed the oyster omelette just outside Ningxia night marker is a must try. We ordered a plate and it was kinda a disappointment. I tried oyster omelette in Kota Kinabalu before, and this taste just as same as the one I tried before. I love eating oyster with a dash of lemon juice, but oyster omelette or any other variation of oyster fancy stuff maybe not really for me. And the cook/owner was quite harsh when there was a long queue. Overall it wasn't a good experience for us.

Oyster omelette

Oyster fried bun 




And my favourite snack is da chang bao xiao chang. In fact, this is the only snack that I know its name, because it was so good that I care to know its name. It kind of like sausage bun, but instead of bun, it used glutinous rice to wrap around the sausage. It also topped with salted vegetables, peanut powder, chopped cilantro and I like to have mine with lots of chopped garlic. 

My favourite 'da chang bao xiao chang' 大腸包小腸

Just twist the wrapper to eat. Tasty and not messy

No comments:

Post a Comment